Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A/C Problems Urgent!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lhw1172 
#1 ·
Alright guys my a/c is blowing hot air when its hot outside but in the evening and early in the mornings when it cools off it blows a heck of alot colder, I wouldn't say freezing but pretty cold. Anyways I found a leak in my hoses and replaced them. A buddy that works at a mechanic shop recharged and refilled the system and it worked for a week or two, but now its back to blowing hot again. Any suggestions? I'm moving to Dallas this Thursday and would love to have some A/C!

#3 ·
did you vacuum the system and check for leaks? did you replace the o-rings on the lines you broke loose?

#5 ·
If your sure there isn't a leak. Then remove the washer behind the plate on the front of the compressor. That plate wears on the back side opening the gap and the magnet isn't strong enough to either pull it in or hold it. Mine would work for about 30 min then start blowing hot air I removed this washer over a year ago and its been working fine. Without the engine running turn the switch on then turn ac on this will lock the compressor you may need to bump the plate in if it doesn't lock at first. Remove bolt in the center and plate, remove washer and reinstall plate. Takes less than 5 min and you don't have to remove the belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.