Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

everything is new, still cant turn stock tires!

785 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spoonsc1 
#1 ·
ok, it all started on my 01 platinum f250 with the failure to return to center, i disconnected the rod end off the pitman arm and with the engine off, the wheel got tight only at the center from both directions. changes the gear box with a rebuilt from oriellys. then tough to turn stock tires at a stand still, revved engine, and freed up, change pumped and bleed with new fluid. now hard to steer short time after, found bad rod ends.....changed ball joints and all steering components with XRF units. (universals where in fine condition) so that is everything in the system and at a stand still, i still cant turn the stock tires!!! i have gone out and while turning the wheel raced the engine and no joy, didn't help. i give up. could i have gotten a junk pump? i give up, now i have an expensive alignment to pay for, WTF!:mad:

#2 ·
Something is not right... I have no issue turning 37's on my truck.

#3 ·
oh no doubt! im leaning more towards the reman steering gearbox. the lash has gotten more and more and i guess before a break the torque stripe on that adjustment i will just try to get a warranty replacement. i hate having to do that all again! thnx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.