Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Koer test.

9K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JOG 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 f250 that is pretty much stock with the exception of a 10k mod that's been on the truck for about 3-4 yrs now.

On to the problem now. The other night I plugged up a innova 3150 to the truck to see if there were any soft codes or anything. There was a few that came up like the EBP sensor and then the rom error code. I reset and the rom error won't clear out even with disconnecting the batteries. My other thing is that I tried to run the KOER test and after doing the prompts that it says to do it will not do anything. The tester says that it's testing but that's all it will do. We left it plugged up with the truck running for about 10-15 mins and nothing happened. I unplugged the scanner and the truck shut off within a few sec by its self. Tried it again and same result again. We then tried it on a 99 f250 and got the rom error code. We tried the KOER test on it and within a few sec it was doing its thing. The truck started running crazy then idiled up kinda high and then the EBPV closed for a few sec and it started running fine again.

What would cause my truck to not do any of this? And what exactly is the KOER test checking for?

#2 ·
You haven't uses that thing on your truck before and it worked right - have you?

The Innova 3150 just isn't a good enough code reader for our trucks I'm afraid... It's just a Generic code reader and you need something that has the Ford proprietary, diesel, and capable of the J1850 format as we are not, regular, OBD-II. I'm sure it can retrieve some generic codes we generate, not sure how it handles the KOER and, if thei is the first time you've used it for that, I'm not surprised it didn't work right.

#3 ·
Yes it was the first time I have ever used. A buddy brought it home from work to use on the 99 f250 and I just figured what the hell ill plug it up on mine and see what it says or does. I don't understand why it didn't work since it did everything on the other truck.

#4 ·
I'm not sure either, the two trucks are pretty much identical in their requirements for a code reader. What were the two codes it returned?

I'm assuming the P603 "kam error" - you don't have to be concerned with that one, it's very common and a result of the PCM going unpowered (pulled fuse, batteries, etc.)

Then something in the 470's for the EBP? There is a common problem with the tube, that goes from the manifold to the sensor) getting carbon-ed up. Do a Search here on EBP tube, there's Lots of info. But otherwise, maybe you don't really have much to worry about ;)

#5 ·
Ya it was just the EBP sensor which my tube is clogged and I was going to just delete the tube and put a plug on the sensor. And just the rom error code. I searched and searched for an answer on why exactly it wouldn't do the KOER test and I couldn't find anything. The scanner would do the KOEO test though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.