Low Boost Help-Frustrated - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low Boost Help-Frustrated

I posted over in the general forum because I thought I might be having an issue with my chip, not the case. Truck was running great up to a couple of days ago. Friday I get in and it is a gutless wonder with no power and boost no more than 9lbs.

I have read several forums trying to solve this. Many say it could be the back pressure sensor and line being clogged, many just remove the connection. I decided to remove the connection to see if this would change my situation. I let the truck warm up well and drove it around a bit with my exhaust temp getting up to about 475. I am now seeing boost up to about 16lbs max, much better but a far cry from the 25lbs I had before this started. If I pull the sensor and tube then reconnect the electrical will the computer see this and revert back to being normal or do you think I have a different issue like a wastegate problem.

Its a 2002 F250 7.3. I have an older chip (superchip gold bar) 80ho/100lbs torque. Borla exhaust, and a Volant sealed cold air intake system.

The engine purrs just not the power it had a few days ago. Even though this helped some it does not jump of the line nor pick up quick, but better with the sensor disconnected.

Really at a loss here and looking for some help, pics are god too. Oh and please don't tell me to get a new chip because what is in there is a POS. It's been a god chip and has served well.

Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just curious, where is your EGT sensor located? 475 is very low while trying to push the truck to its maximum boost levels. For example, wide open throttle i can easily hit 1200 or more if i push it. Ive hit 1400 before and i have a superchips programmer also.

I would check for leaks in your intercooler system. Turn truck on and spray all rubber boots with soapy watter. see any bubles you have leaks and should replace your boots or tighten all your clamps. I check all my clamps about evey 6 months but im OCD when it come to my truck.

Hope you find your isue!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

try checking your map sensor and the rubber line going to it. mine came off once and no power and low egt and low boost...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.