Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 7.3 misfire after replacing the PCM new user

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Anthony239 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I'm a new owner of a late model 99 7.3 ill start from beginning to end bought the truck drives great put a ts performance chip on it and air intake still runs great all was well went to start truck up and wouldn't start so not thinking about the CPs sensor I pulled the ts chip but had my batteries hooked up and my keys in the ignition I know stupid of me cooked the PCM got a new updated computer and CPs sensor truck fired up so now when I went to take off under throttle my truck started to misfire down the street but when warmed up would go away but it would still misfire about 2500 rpms at WOT but seems to idle fine like nothings wrong just under load at startup and wot need help please things I've already replace to try to fix this problem driver valve cover gaskets and harness some injectors two pcms and I tried a new idm ,fuel filter, now I'm not showing any codes for it but my icp sensor has oil on it when I pulled the plug off could this be a problem will post if I have any new codes need some help will take any advice thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.