Rough idle no power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough idle no power

Hey guys not new to the forum but I don't post much just mostly snoop around. But the other day I started looking at trucks, I found a 2002 f-250 crew cab long bed 197,000 miles with some problems and wondering what it would take to get here running good again if possible. I know for sure that the glow plugs system is messed up. There's an exhaust leak but is just doesn't sound right. I'm think bad injectors or low compression. When you give it gas and then let off it stays at that rm for a little longer then it should. It doesn't have much power under acceleration. Check out the video and tell me what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85e7o5t9h...%2018%20PM.mov

Last edited by fowjacob; 04-01-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any check engine lights? If there is a light on, It could be the UVCH. I had to do the 50cent fix with mine. I had rough idle, horrible acceleration and the light. If it's running rough, could really only be fuel, if the fuel filter has never been changed that might cause it. Those are 2 common things i know of to cause that. LMK if it helps
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokinThanCummin View Post
Any check engine lights? If there is a light on, It could be the UVCH. I had to do the 50cent fix with mine. I had rough idle, horrible acceleration and the light. If it's running rough, could really only be fuel, if the fuel filter has never been changed that might cause it. Those are 2 common things i know of to cause that. LMK if it helps
i don't believe there where any check engine lights on its a truck i was planning on buying. If you watch the video there was a slight knock, would you now what that is.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's hard to tell with a video, sound quality is never really right, ya know? If it was cold when he started it (not so much temp wise, just the truck hasn't been warmed up) You will get a kind of a knocking, just because everything is cold. One of my powerstrokes, lopes kinda bad and runs like garbage until i let it warm up for 10-15mins, my other one however with almost 100k more on it, starts up just great. It's really hard to tell what the problem is, unless i can actually drive it myself or hear it for myself. Maybe get a scanner and see if the light might just be out. If it is running rough, there really should be a code in there, especially for being a 2002. When My 01 had issues with the UVCH, I got it scanned and it told me what cylinders were miss firing and I was able to diag the problem myself. Let me know what you find.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My pickup all of the sudden started having the same symptoms. I replaced the injector pressure sensor and the exhaust back pressure sensor and it was back to normal. I was amazed the Ebp sensor would cause the motor to run like it was. It might be a place to start
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine sounded like that exactly. I think bad injectors would result in white smoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.