99.5 F250 PSD no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99.5 F250 PSD no start

Recently bought a 99.5 PSD knowing it had some issues.
Previous owner said will not start cold so I figure GP's so I put some motorcrafts in and same story no start.
Acts as if low batterys but I took the starter,positve battery cable, and batterys out od my other psd and with a another diesel charging the system it still acts like not enough voltage. voltage is 12.88v and drops to 6.5 to 7.5 while cranking????? It will crank hard and fast for 2 sec then dies off. HPOP resovoir is full(when I checked their was some air escaping) fuel pump seems to work but I haven't had a guage on the bowl yet. The only codes I am getting is P0603,P0475 I am thinking of buying an AE scanner but was unsure if you could buzz test with the AE. any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you need new batteries. Truck needs, i believe 10.5v to fire off.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You need Way more than 7.5 anyway... But, have the batteries Load Tested, individually at a High Rate, after fully recharging them (best to just take them out, then you can clean all the cable ends) first before you spend the money.

I think the threshold on the older trucks (pre '01 or '02) was around 10v, newer was lowered to 8.5v but this was just PCM programming so, I think any of them could have been changed. It was an Actual requirement for the PCM to enable the Start though.

The AE will certainly do a Buzz Test, and Much more when you need it to! A wise investment for anybody who's going to maintain their own PS at @$350 w/Enhanced Ford Pkg.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well, I went ahead and bought some interstates for it put 'em in and it fires! runs but poorly shakes real bad so I let it warm up to operating temp and shut her down. I change the oil and fire it back on runs and idles very snooth with no SES light but has a greyish blue haze all the time definately not as bad once warm. could it be the injector o rings or what. while installing the glow plugs i noticed the IPR pig tail was melted together and the plug was jacked up also. I fixed as best I could til new one gets here. could that be the issue? or would I get a code? Is it buzz test time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.