Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ford called with Estimate!!

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
Sunday night my steering gear broke. Well also I was having issues with vibration when towing up hills and loss of power. So when my gear broke I had no choice I towed it to ford. The guy called me about 20 min ago and said..

The Steering gear is $720 parts and Labor, the gear is $455, but im going with the RedHead unit $357

He said Im getting low fuel pressure, and my ICP is bad $410, and my fuel pump is bad $825.

What do you guys think about this and these prices?

#5 ·
Get a FASS system to replace the fuel pump. Cheaper than the dealer quoted for just the pump. You can find a Ford ICP sensor for less than $200. Pure Diesel Power has them for $175.

#7 ·
#12 ·
don't pay that if you have the ability to turn the wrenchs.. Or buy from AutoFair diesel.. I have ordered from him a couple of times, best prices, and really fast turn around! Even if you have to have ford install, at least save some money on the parts. That price for a fuel pump is outrageous! You could buy the complete irate setup that is a BA, and would be a complete fuel system replacement.

#13 ·
I recommend autofair for oem parts for sure. Purchased few things always been quick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
Why did he test fuel pressure?
I would not pay that for an ICP. They aren't terribly expensive and are NOT hard to change. DIY.
And fuel pump is bad? Highly doubt that but maybe. I'd think worn out FPR, possibly, junk in the tank, and lastly a bad pump. I'm on 325k OEM pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.