Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ts 6 pos problems

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AzPatMan 
#1 ·
I have a ts 6 position chip installed on my 02 7.3 and seems to having an issue.... It supposed to be stock high idle 50 75 100 110 tunes or something really close to that anyway it seems that the first 4 spots are high idle and only one hp tune and it's not that much any ideas why it's not working properly FYI I've scrubbed the terminals very well

#3 ·
Did you scrub the terminals too good? Sounds wired but I heard of you take off too much tin (like all the way to the brass) it can give you problems.

#4 ·
I made a dumb mistake and disnt realize there were two sides the first time I scrubbed it and it didn't work at all then I just scrubbed it a little bit on the bottom side and put it in maybe the one side isn't scrubbed good enough or the chip was flashes wrong from xdp idk I'm goin to call them and see what they say

#5 ·
Grab a q-tip and some acetone.
you'll need to clean all that silicone off the terminals. Otherwise - use a red/green scotch brite pad, or even some 120 or 180 sand paper.
Just be very carful. Once the silicone is off, and you just barely start to see copper under the tin - stop! You're right at the point you need to be for the connections.
Clean off the terminals with a little rubbing alcohol and put it all back together again.
I have my Ts Chip on now - and that's what I did, works like a champ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.