#3 fuel injector - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
#3 fuel injector

2000 f450 7.3 took to stealership today.code p1273 and p1272 said it needed 3and 7 injector replaced with valve cover gsk and wiring harness.my question is whats the chances of 2 injectors goin out at the same time and which side would they be located on.dealer wants 1450.00 to fix.would like to pull vc and take a look for my self....any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well thanks for all the help.pulled valve cover under hood wiring harness not plugged in all the way.plugged it in runs like new.do they make an aftermarket vc gsk and wiring harness ?dont really wont to have to take it off again.wonder if the dealer would have fixed it r replaced injectors why they were in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or said they replaced them for 1450.00
Old 01-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
just a bit of advice. if you were looking for some help fromthe techs on here, they wont answer anything with " stealership " in it. they make their living at the dealership so instead of putting the dealership down, your also putting them down. next time put "dealership" and you may get more responses. thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

rob ,thanks for the advice but no harm intended to the techs.....have had some really bad experiences with dealer where i live and ii know none of these techs here have a clue about these motors.so to all the techs on here sorry wasnt refering to any of you.......
Old 01-11-2008, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i completely understand, and i wasnt offended, just giving a bit of advice. welcome to the .ORG and im sure you will like it here. i too have had some bad experiences with the dealers, so bad i had to get corporate Ford involved.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to tekurtz
Sorry for not starting a new thread for this question, but I tried posting in the 6.0L repair forum but said I didn't have privileges to do so..and this question also has to do with kspence101's issue.
I just noticed today my 6.0 running rough between 1000 and 1800 rpms, feels like its skipping a cylinder (or 2 i don't really know) every other rotation or so. Judging from what I've read on the forum chances are it's a bad injector (or 2) or O-ring, please correct me if you think I'm wrong or if there are any other possibilities. I plan on taking it to a reputable diesel mech I know, not the dealership, when I get a chance next week, but it's eating me up now just not knowing.
forgive my ignorance, when kspence101 says wiring harness is he referring to the connection to the injector, or am I way off. Or is the 6.0 not the same in that aspect. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just to let you know if the wiring harness was unplugged or loose there is a fix for that, it's a locking wedge that goes into the connecter ask the guys at the dealership to run tsbs they should know what it is right away...and 3 and 7 are on the same side...pass side....explaining why the loose connecter would cause your concern...also i have seen 7.3's and 6.0's loose more than 2 injectors at one time...i've seen many 7.3's running on one bank....
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also for tek....sounds like a bad injector...or 2
Old 01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Jon

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
just a bit of advice. if you were looking for some help fromthe techs on here, they wont answer anything with " stealership " in it. they make their living at the dealership so instead of putting the dealership down, your also putting them down. next time put "dealership" and you may get more responses. thanks!
Thanks Rob!
Old 01-12-2008, 03:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to tekurtz
Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.