Boost is limited, Engine defueling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boost is limited, Engine defueling

When i punch the gas my boost spikes within seconds to 17psi and stays there as long as i keep my foot into it. The truck will shift through all gears and stay at the 17psi. it will only go above the 17psi if im in 4th gear and at highway speeds (above 70mph) then it will slowly climb up to reach a max of around 23 psi. It will only go this high when the chip is on. If the chip is off it will stay at the max. 17psi. Is this a thing with the programming of the computer to where it reaches the peak boost and defuels the motor. Any ideas on how to get the max boost output and keep the motor from defueling. it just seems like there is so much more power availalbe and it stops at 17psi. Thanks in adavance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

easy fix, you need a map sensor fooler, call our vendors, i know Dfuser makes one. This will keep the SES light off and keep the motor from defuling
Old 08-27-2006, 02:50 PM

well that is what i thought also but i wasnt sure. It sounded like the MAP sensor fooler would only remove the overboost light from comming on and im not having that problem becuase i can even get to 25psi. Wouldnt removing the boost line to the MAP sensor test that theory and alow the motor to get max boost? I tried that to and it didn't work. So are you think the actual wiring harness that plugs into the MAP sensor or a relief valve?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

from what ive heard, the one that plugs into the wiring harness is the way to go, but hopefully someone else will chime in here on that....
Old 09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

17 lb.

You need to answer some questions first, where are you reading the boost at, what are you using to read the boost? Are you connected to the intake with a pressure gauge or do you have a six gun or a monitor like that which is giving you this reading? Mike OB
Old 09-04-2006, 04:27 PM

I am getting my boost reading on the line that goes directly to the MAP sensor. I have a Tee in that line that splitls the line and goes directly to a autometer boost gauge. i do not have a six gun tuner or edge module that give me a reading.
thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

have you checked to see if maybe one of the compression fittings that seal the line have failed....and are just giving you inacurate readings,
Old 09-04-2006, 04:44 PM

I have a dfuser and if you are interested Ill send it to you as long as yours is compatable I think I paid 175 Ill sell it for 80 I bought the edge so its just laying here now!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:00 PM

what dfuser model do you have? If it was for your '06 6.0L than i will bet that it will not work for my '99 7.3L
Old 09-04-2006, 05:04 PM

I have checked all my fittings and hoses for leaks and the proper connections. I don't think that is the problem. I feel like i get great readings its just the boost will spike to 17psi when i floor it in a matter of a second. It sounds like that wire harness is the way 2 go for the MAP sensor, i just want to make sure that it will eliminate the defueling of the engine also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.