crashed the ferd! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
crashed the ferd!

Alright so i was heading home from a friends house a few hours agao and it just finished snowing so i was going about 30 when i see a car on the side of the road parked so i kind of drove into the other lane alittle just incase they opend the door or something but instead they decided top pull out right infront of me so i had the choice of hitting them or putting the truck into the ditch so i put it in the ditch. im lucky i was goin about 20 when i hit and it hit nose into a bank and all that happend was that the black plastic thats under the front bumper got pushed under abit and the cooler to the power steering got cracked. It was clearly his fault that i had to put it into the ditch but now i wish i would hav just hit him cuz the guy just drove around me once i hit the ditch and just kept going. so i finally get out of the ditch and there was no light around so i drove it home and when i about half way i lost my brakes so im guessing i blew a line or something like that so i just went really slow and just used 1st and 2nd for brakes until i got home. so im preatty sure i can just get a cooler from the junk yard but i was wondering if it has to be a cirtain one or if i could just get on that looks to be the right size and use that. Im not to worried about the brakes i had to have just blew a line some were.
All in all i feel really lucky they isnt a dent to be seen on the truck other then the plastic piece that got foled unt the fron of the truck but im sure i can pull the brackets out and staighten that back out.
any help with the cooler would be great. and sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 02:12 AM

Man, don't that just make ya want to crack some head! And I'm about as easy going a guy as you would ever find, but nutjobs do stuff like that, GRRRRR!!

It wont matter on the cooling end of things and a trans cooler would be fine. But I think as far as fitment a stock one would just bolt right in and space starts running out fast when making things fit. A parts house or a rad shop can order this kind of stuff in all manner of shapes for not all that much money sometimes.

Good luck and about your
Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
probably lost brakes because of the busted cooler the Power steering and brake systems are tied together IIRC
Old 12-28-2007, 03:28 AM

I've put my truck in the ditch a few times to miss stupid drivers,but guess what, not any more,I'm gonna let there insurance pay for everything.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:08 AM

I rolled my 95 trying to avoid a IDIOT and she didnt stoppthe insurance company didnt want to pay and the police said I didnt have any proof there was another vehicle involved so they put down one car accident took some time in court to get my truck fixed then insurrance dropped me so I say if your not going to kill someone F@#* it hitm
Old 12-28-2007, 05:13 AM
The Fat Mod

Moved it to the right place for ya. Sorry to hear about your truck. At least you were not hurt. Hope you get the truck back up and running real soon.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM

well im gunna go pick up the cooler to day and hopefuly it fixes the brakes to. i was just looking and the brake fluid is still full so it has to just be the power steering right? im going to go over to napa and see what they have and if i cant find anything i will just go up the the junk yard and pick one up thats the same size. next time im just gunna hit the guy and let them deal with the damage.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 AM

power steering pump supplies power for the power brakes to work
Old 12-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
i made the decission along time ago after ditching my old truck for some chick that pulled out infront of me, that if I feel i am not going to kill anyone im just hitting the other car.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:29 PM

thats where iam right now next time i will just hit them. lol
i ordered up the cooler and it will be her tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.