Early 99 problems after injector install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Early 99 problems after injector install

Hello everyone, I have an early 99 that i just installed new stage 1 single shot casserly injectors on along with an frx and ccv delete. Dp tuner, 4 inch turbo back and diy intake. Heres the situation.

The truck runs good for the most part, however the injectors are incredibly loud at all rpms and idle and could be described as a hollow ticking/popping and theres nothing economical about my fuel economy (11) mpg. Starts up great in 30 degree weather right now, no white/ blue smoke, black smoke out of the stacks at WOT, not as much as i was anticipating with the bigger injectors however. Once the truck is nice and hot I will get a quick chirp sound when shifting or hitting a bump with even the smallest load on the engine.

What ive done so far: new uvch, ebp tube and sensor cleaning, checked for boost/exhaust leaks, dropped tank (absolutely spotless which amazed me), new fuel filter, swapped fuel pressure springs in the frx, no play in compressor wheel, clean air filter, load tested batteries, checked engine wiring harness for shorts, icp is oil free and idle get rougher when unplugged, checked ipr nut truck does not start with the ipr unplugged. I dont have acess to a decent scanner the only one I have just shows the map sensor reading which shows good. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated I have got to get the truck running right, I am an automotive student and cant afford 11 mpg! Really need it now that my ranger got tagged by a JDM go cart today..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

are the injectors reman or new, did this start right after you put the injectors in
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Reman.. same problems just without the loud jnjector noise
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update on that..turbo grinds/rattles when the truck is shut off and runs a little rough up to 1500rpm and then smooths out.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

recheck play in compressor wheel. Ive read that s.s. are loud and then throw a chip to it..yup. You should look into the in-tank mod.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Compressor wheel still has no in and out and minimal side to side play. I pulled the tank already and thought about the tank mod but i didnt feel it necessary since i dont run my tank low. Noticed oil was aerated with only 1500 on it. Changed oil same symptoms slight aeration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.