2000 f250 #1 #2 injectors not working PLEASE HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 f250 #1 #2 injectors not working PLEASE HELP

Hey guys so i have a problem with this truck i just put new injector cups and stage 1 ffd single shot injectors in along with a ts 6 pos with beans tunes, also replaced glowplugs and uvch but still rough idle and no power ive tried everything the icp is good the ipr is good i cant find any loose wies or connecters anywhere frankly im exhausted with this truck any advice would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

unplug the chip, then see what happens.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

already unplugged the chip no change at all, before i installed the chip it still idled rough due to single shot injectors in a split shot truck but the new ts chip is programmed to run the single shots so with 2 dead injecors im stumped, i am going to try and stick one of the dead injectos in another hole and se if its maybe the harnesses and uhvc i just replaced then tomorrow im going to ohm the idm harnes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 PM

no need to remove/install injectors in different holes. Swap the connectors at the injectors, see if it follows the injector/s or not / swap solenoid atop the injector.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Time to get on some diagnostic software, try cleaning the IPR if you want,( you didn't say how you knew the IPR and ICP are good) but it needs to be properly diagnosed, not " it sounds like". Sorry, other option is to start replacing expensive parts by the flip of a coin. See if anyone in your area has AE software.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 AM

check your torque on the two dead cylinders. When i did my injector swap, i had a couple injectors that were not torque down all the way and caused dead cylinders, I re checked everything and retorqed it all and bam all my cylinders came back to life
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i know the ipr is good unplugged it when truck was running and it died, torque id good on all the injectors 120 inch lbs...i have an injector test tool and a multi meter on the way will be here tomorrow, and as far as diagnostic tools my neighor is bringing his over, options are limited on people who have any kind of tools for newer vehicles where i live, but i will try cleaning the ipr anyways, thanks for the advice
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 PM

also, at idle, get a temperature gun and shoot it at the manifolds, to their respective cylinders. See if theres a change in temp.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

there is no need for me to check the manifolds with a temp gun as i already know which cylenders arent firin (have vc's off andunplugged injectors on both sides one at a time) but update my brother (diesel mechanic) said his boss is having the exact same problem with his truck they changed harnesses (entire harness from idm to injectors)they tried a new idm but still no change, they finally discovered that it was the fuel pump on the frame wasnt putting out enough pressure to feed all the injectors, so tomorrow i am going to replace the fuel pump and hopefully hat is it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stage1f250 View Post
my brother (diesel mechanic) said his boss is having the exact same problem with his truck they changed harnesses (entire harness from idm to injectors)they tried a new idm but still no change, they finally discovered that it was the fuel pump on the frame wasnt putting out enough pressure to feed all the injectors, so tomorrow i am going to replace the fuel pump and hopefully hat is it.
- Really??
Is that the way your brother (the "mechanic") diagnoses a problem? I hope not for his customers sake

Did you try an IDM? (the most likely cause) A Buzz Test? ANYTHING I advised in your other post on this?

Why wouldn't you simply put a gauge in the fuel port, if you suspect low pressure, instead of replacing, what might be, a perfectly good pump?

You really need to learn how to diagnose a problem instead of your "Throwing Parts" approach. Who exactly advised you that the way to test an IPR was to just unplug it and see if the engine runs or not? -LOL

If the engine doesn't start the IPR must be 100% huh? I hope you have DEEP POCKETS to continue. If you had any sense, you'd spend for an AutoEnginuity and learn how to use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
injector, injector harness, injector issues, no power, rough idle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.