90 psi fuel with eng stumbling,bad injector or injector o rings - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
90 psi fuel with eng stumbling,bad injector or injector o rings UPDATED

Hello there guys new to the forums and diesel.I have been doing some
research on them after buy this f450 and there has been a lot of helpful
old topics however I could use some advice.99. 7.3 powerstroke

I have done everything that I know off to the truck other than crush it.
Icp sensor replaced,leaking.Ipr replaced and ipr pigtail.Next I have tested the icp pressure while driving 650 at idle,in neutral wot at 1400 and wot while driving is at 2400lbs. Fuel psi for some weird reason is now at 90 lbs. I have done tried two differnet liquid filled gauges may'be I have a bad gauge.While your driving as long as your foot is in it psi will stay 90lbs while coasting it will rise to 120lbs.Truck still is stumbling every now and then eractically and goes back to great running condition.Their is no codes for anything now wondering if it could be a bad injector o ring or a bad injector sticking open causing cylinder psi to enter the fuel system.So if anyone can think of somewhere else to look or test I would much appreciated....

also to add camp sensor is good and wiring done looked their

Last edited by chubacabra; 02-16-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

where you read'n fuel psi? At the fuel bowl, if so, pass side of bowl or driv side? Inspect the filter, does it look oily? If so, then the added psi could have blown an oring or two.

Possible, the fuel psi is caused from the FPR sticking. Had that happened to me. I removed the plunger, and wet-sanded the high spots on plunger. Re-installed, alls good.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm reading the psi from the driver side top port,also the fuel bowl is full of clean fuel.I have also done inspected the fuel pressure relief spring assy,it is fine.Btw I did snap off the fitting on fpr,those are some delicate threads.

After letting it sit for 6 hrs,went back out driving went half a mile and
psi dropped down to 30.I'm just fed up with this,fuel pump is new and I have done replaced the lower pick up feed tube in the tank. I'm just going to
run it out of fuel can in the morn with a new line feeding up to the fuel bowl.
But I don;t think their is air getting into the lines cause when the cap is off and ign switch is on the fuel bowl is filling up with fuel but their's no air bubbles in the bowl
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

your reading is pre-filter. p/s fitting, is where i would take reading..post filter. Possible, your gauge is goofy. Try hooking up a manual gauge and see what its bang'n at b4 throw'n $$ away...
Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I found that my gauges were being corrupted by my test gauge hose was seperating on the inside Replaced with new hose, tested psi down now on the pass side back to normal psi at 60lbs. I remembered that the code reader was showing codes for trans input,solenoid etc,why would this go on with a manual.

I removed the pcm and found out that its an auto pcm,so it made me think which is kinda dangerous.I had the old ipr pigtail I went ahead and extended the wires routed the power wire to batt pos and neg.Crank up Icp psi was topping out at 3600lbs before popping off.I just went ahead and took unit out on a test drive,studdering is gone. I'm just thinking its in my auto pcm is in need to be reflashed with an man version. Has anyone else had a similar problem with a auto pcm in man truck with it studdering at lower rpm;s eradically while trying to accelerate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.