air bag - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
air bag

my air bag light has been on for awhile, just wondering if any one elses is on or if any one has had probs with theirs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 10:33 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
is it pushing any codes out maybe check that! then get back with us!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have plugged in a scanner before and it doesn't even power it up, plugged it into my uncles dodge and it worked how it should. any ideas?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The fuse that powers the ALDL is also the fuse for the power outlet in the dash. If it's blown the scanner will not power up.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the power port works fine, so i don't know where to look. I might have to take it to ford and let them mess with the plug and the airbag issue. i'm lost with the fuse and relay locations because when i bought the truck it didn't have the owners manual.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 99' explorer that I got from my grandparents in high school. It had the air bag light on when I got it and didn't throw any codes either. To this day it is still on, and I have had 3 different mechanics look at it and none could figure it out.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Berm Buster

My air bag light was on. It flashed 2 times then a pause and would flash 7 times. then after about 4 cycles would stay on. The passenger air bag light bulb was blown. took about 2 dollars and 20 mins to fix.

Last edited by Speedyboy487; 12-17-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I even took the whole switch from a buddies truck put it in mine, put mine in his. mine worked in his truck , but his didn't work in mine. light still works(out of my truck). i am not that lucky with the inexpensive easy fixes. i would just unplug the darn switch, that stops the warning light but i don't know if that would keep if from blowing in an accident. if i was sitting in the pass side thats what i would do, but my wife rides there. i'm leaning towards a relay or some thing like that, was it the light in the switch?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Berm Buster

Yes. take the dash out then take the 3 screws out i think they were 5.5mm. take the top plastic piece off the switch and the bulb is right there. but if it worked in another truck i dont see how that could be the problem. wouldnt hurt to check i guess. normaly a bulb is eather blown or its fine. Did you price a new switch? you could have ford scan it. they wanted 109$ to scan mine.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i took it all apart again today. swaped the switches again, really paid attention to what the results were. Both switches worked in his truck, not in mine. tested ohms, wires etc. was about to put it back together and thought id take the lower dashpanel off, to trace wires from the airbag control module to the PAD switch and i found a broken wire, got all excited because it is the wire for the Pad switch. connected it and nothing. My mechanic buddy and I scanned it and it gave us two codes. B1871 and B1890. He is gonna research some more but hes leaning towards some type of wiring issue. there was one broke wire so there maybe more( hopefully just broken wires)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.