Heavy Heavy White smoke, and diesel smell.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heavy Heavy White smoke, and diesel smell....

Please help,,,,
Truck was running rough, started blowing white smoke.
I brought it home and did and oil change to see if there was any signs in the oil..
I also had been having an oil leak from the one of the oil lines that feed the fuel pump, so I fixed those with new o-rings.
I did find a fuel leak from the fitting on top of the fuel bowl on the drivers side, the one with the spring in it (pressure regulator??)

Any body have any ideas of what is the problem?

After changing the oil, cleaning all the intake boots and putting everything back together I took it for a road test..

Motor was loud, a little shacky, and I heard a ton of noise from the turbo (like excessive blow off sound).
Went around the block and back to my shop... still tons of smoke and heavy diesel smell????

WHAT THE F______?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

with the leak at the FPR (fuel pressure regulator), i'm thinking your seeing excessive fuel psi, and blew an oring/s out, around the injectors...again just a thought.

Also, its possible that the turbo seals are gone. Creating the smoke since oils' bypassing its circuit and being blown out/burnt, through the exhaust...

Remove the fuel bowl filter and see if the fiilter is oil contaminated.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks, I need to now find the time and money to tear into this thing and find out!!

I will try and keep posted on this subject to help out!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

50925K172

hit up a Harbor Freight, pick up an el-cheapo manual gauge to read above 100psi. Then get a flexible grease gun hose to attach gauge to..(need 1/8in npt threads). Hit up McMaster-Carr and order one of these. Its the adaptor to fit correctly into the ports, on backside of fuel bowl, to read psi. Pass side port is "post" filter.

McMaster-Carr

OR, get a mechanical psi gauge and a barb fitting that can thread onto it, hopefully a 3/8in barb, get some fuel line, and attach it to the drain spout, that runs from the fuel bowl to under the truck. Open up the drainvalve, attach hose to it, then turn truck to "acc". Get ur psi reading from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.