Rough Idle (warm) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough Idle (warm)

My Excursion has a slight rough idle that doesn't seem to be there first thing in the morning, but more after its warmed up and ran. It runs just fine but seems to have what feels like a sporatic miss when sitting still. You can feel it but the factory tach hardly moves, just a tiny bit.

I have installed UVH clips and like I said it runs fine, I can't seem to figure out what the issue is, any help would be great.

I did search through the archives but most seem to be when cold or the UV harness issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nobody? really?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm having the same problem. 2002 excursion with 119k on it. So far I've been told lots of things. Most recent was the cam position sensor. I've also replaced the ICP sensor and did a new fuel filter housing. I've also had the mechanic replace the uvh but still no fix. Best guess now is its a injector issue. No codes or engine lights have come on either. I'll keep ya posted on what we find
Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Has anybody solved this problem? I went from a good running truck to the same problem in a second. New ICP, IPR, EBP sensor, 3rd CPS. The shop says I dropped 3 injectors - I'm not so sure. We're doing an oil change, fuel filter change, checking UVCH, and a few tests tomorrow. Just hoping it's something simpler than the injectors. All the sensors were swapped right after we bought the truck 3 months ago before the rough idle started.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you have a scanner look at your duty cycle it should be between 7-10% if you are in that range your IPR is fine, for your ICP look at the connector to see if there is oil in it if so replace the pig tail and ICP, and look at the HPOP the psi should be at 500psi at idle and 3000-3500 ant WOT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 AM

Mine does the same... Have always figured worn injectors 249k on mine.

Oil gets thinner as it warms and causes a missing feeling...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh, I missed this one. Mine turned out to be the ICP. Evidently, the shop got a bad one out of the box (watch the after markets). Put a new one in and it runs great. Travis, how'd yours tow with worn injectors. I know mine will be due soon.

Ha! Mine sounds just like your wife's truck with a 5th wheel hitch instead of the gooseneck. Guess I need to beef things up!

Last edited by phinner; 05-24-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinner View Post
Oh, I missed this one. Mine turned out to be the ICP. Evidently, the shop got a bad one out of the box (watch the after markets). Put a new one in and it runs great. Travis, how'd yours tow with worn injectors. I know mine will be due soon.

Ha! Mine sounds just like your wife's truck with a 5th wheel hitch instead of the gooseneck. Guess I need to beef things up!
Mine tows "ok" but it could be better... the wife's has had an easier life and runs stronger than mine I just got a new Ford 4R100HD and parts for a turbo rebuild along with IH uppipes so injectors will have to wait for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.