GPR? 109 vs 111 Q: about wires Please help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GPR? 109 vs 111 Q: about wires Please help!

I tried posting on someones thread named Hard to start, but got no response.

I got the Napa GPR 109 the base is rotated 180deg so I swapped and accidentally touched the hot wire in the small terminal . Small spark. I only disconnected one of the 2 neg Some say on other forums that the 110 & 111 are a longer load bearing relay best for a 97 PSD but at this point . $27.99 was better than $109. so
QUESTION:

Since the base is rotated the wires make it ok, but DOES it matter which (2) go were.. ?

It seems to work great...Before I could hardly here the click-chick sound when ignition went on, wait to start-light was about 9 seconds and would have to do this ign -on -off about 4 times cycling about 1 min each before it would start. Lots of white dry-ice unburned fuel in the air if it would not start .... Now CLICK- CHICK Sound is crips and loud... wait to start about 2 sec on a semi warm engine .... Iam still not that cold here in NJ NYC area 42 deg and my truck has been parked outside for about 7 hrs I am going outside to see whats up .....

See you in a few
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 04:34 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

First of all there is no difference at all between the 109 and 110 ( not sure where 111comes from, the 110 is what the puter says is right for our trucks, but maybe because you have a OBS it is a 111) but the relays are exactly the same specs it's just the mounting holes are rotated 180 degrees. As long as you got the small wires on the small post and the large wires on the large post you are ggod to go. However there is a far better relay I wish you would have used. It is the Stancor 586-902 and can be had at gopher electronics for under $40, it is a true HD relay that is made to handle a 200amp load. These 109, 110, 111 relays are junk inside, they use the cheapest parts possible, this is why the seldom last more than a year or so in cold weather. The Stancor is quite bit bigger but is made much better as well, it fits just fine, so when your GPR goes again order the Stancor model and never worry about it again.
NCHornet
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Premium Member

Nice!!

The truck starts right up 34 deg this morning and bamm started nice. No whit smoke. A hint of blue, so maybe the injector O rings in the future..... I will definetly order the Stancor 586-902 and swap it out again next winter.
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Good Deal!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.