Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wait to start light and obd2 port not working

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jwr1527 
#1 ·
Okay guys I've looked everywhere for a solution to this problem but can't find one and it's got me baffled. What is happening is that if I turn the truck off and then restart it within a min or two, like if I'm in a drive thru or something, the wait to start light doesn't come on and also my edge cts will not power back up because the obd2 port isn't working either. If it is longer than a couple minutes it works fine no problems at all. The truck runs great and everything else I know of works fine when this happens so it's not really a huge deal but it drives me crazy that I can't figure out why. If anyone knows of any solution or can at least explain why this might be happening I would appreciate it. Thanks

#2 ·
I Can't Imagine what would be the reason it would fix itself after a few mins...

But, the dead OBD port and No WTS is an indication the PCM isn't running. TAKE THAT EDGE THING OFF! Either that's what's confusing the PCM or power is dropping-off and restoring itself (but, again, I have No Idea how that would work).

#3 ·
The edge is just an insight cts. I have a separate dp-tuner

#4 ·
And if the pcm wasn't running wouldn't the truck not start and run at all.

#5 ·
That's why you don't have wts light and no obd2 power. I doubt it's the edge... although its an easy test....

Might be something getting hot and tripping like an inline circuit breaker or something

Sent from my SCH-R530U using AutoGuide App

#6 ·
Ya its not the edge, it does it when it's not plugged in. But like I said everything else works fine, truck runs great its just kinda annoying that my edge won't turn back on until I shut it off again. The wts light doesn't bother me that much

#7 ·
i would check grounds. typically, a problem that occurs intermittently is going to be a ground issue. or some other form of resistance

#8 ·
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. If you wait a min or two it will start, but you Still don't get a WTS light? (I assumed it came back and Then it would...)

TAKE THAT DpTuner THING OFF! :wink[3]: (seriously, if it starts then yes, the PCM is running but something is confusing it for it not to illuminate the WTS light and not start back up right away) If it IS some sort of "logic problem" removing the tuner would be the place to start.

#9 ·
Ya the truck starts and runs fine no matter what but the wts and obd2 port won't come on unless it sits for more than a min or two. It's kinda hard to explain. Like I said it's more annoying than anything and it's not really a problem I have everyday because I'm not usually stopping and restarting all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.