02 4x4 psd...vacuum heater problem..help please;-( - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 4x4 psd...vacuum heater problem..help please;-(

I onlyhave defrost position and reading a few threads I noticed it is probably vacuum related, and I assume my locking hubs dont work either. my truck was in an accident and the total heater system ws removed and replaced.

What I need to see is a detailed closeup shot of the engine bay area to make sure the vacuum is connected properly and not just hooked anywhere.

thanks in advance

if you wish you can send the photos direct to : todd911@gmail.com

cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I replied to your other thread follow my instructions from it.
Kevin
Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM

ok vacuum problem solved, only one last question, does the small vacuum pump always work while the key is on, or should it shut off after a while

cheers
Old 11-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

It should shut off after proper vacuum is reached. If it doesn't you have a vacuum leak someplace, or the pump shut off is bad. To test plug the out lines from the pump and turn the key on, if the pump shuts off you have a leak someplace. You can tell where by hooking up vacuum lines one at a time, when you find the one that makes the pump run constantly, you have found your leak!!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:12 AM

thanks nchornet! found the leak ...just like you said. For my heat problem the module that rotates to open and close the trap (above heater core) with a 1/4 inch stem....doesn't seem to work, I can manually open the trap at the heater core and heat comes through. holding the module in my hand (plugged) and turning the knob on the dash to cold or hot does not make the little white stem turn. should it? at this point is the module the problem? opened it up, doesn't smell burnt and the gears are well lubed and the motor turns freely just not electrically...has anybody tested the same way or is there another way?

p.s thank's for all your help guy's....love this Site...VERY helpful!!!

Todd
Old 11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

Sorry Todd I haven't had that assembly out of my truck, it should be easily troubleshooted with a multimeter. Good Luck
Old 11-23-2007, 02:47 PM

hey thanks just the same.....if anyone has had it out and tested please chime in as that is my next task to tackle

thanks to all
Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

4x4 trouble

I am new on this site and am looking for some help. Here is the situation:

I have a 2001 f250 v10 4x4.

My 4x4 is not working.

The dash light turns on and you can hear the actuator engaged as it should when the knob is turned. Everything appears normal and SHOULD be working.

However, there is no 4x4.

Also, my heater system stays on when the key is off. I have to manually turn the switch to off to shut the heater blower off, it will not turn off when the key is turned off.

I have been reading posts about vacuum leaks in the system. I checked my hoses all the way going to the hub, the hoses were cracked and have been replaced. I have suction all the way to the hub. after replacing all the bad hoses, still no luck, no 4x4.

Also, both of my hubs are STUCK in the locked postion, they will not turn.

I have read about bad seals. I left one end of the hose connected to the hub and i was blowing in the other end, and there was no back pressure, it was like blowing through a straw. Does this mean the seals are bad? Do i need to replace both of my hubs? Does anyone recommed warn? if so, do they work with the vacuum system?

Thanks

Please advise
Old 12-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Winning DUHHH

I have WARN hubs on my truck.
I recommend them, And no they are not Vaccum Locking. You need to get out and lock them and unlock them.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris69hotguy View Post
I am new on this site and am looking for some help. Here is the situation:

I have a 2001 f250 v10 4x4.

My 4x4 is not working.

The dash light turns on and you can hear the actuator engaged as it should when the knob is turned. Everything appears normal and SHOULD be working.

However, there is no 4x4.

Also, my heater system stays on when the key is off. I have to manually turn the switch to off to shut the heater blower off, it will not turn off when the key is turned off.

I have been reading posts about vacuum leaks in the system. I checked my hoses all the way going to the hub, the hoses were cracked and have been replaced. I have suction all the way to the hub. after replacing all the bad hoses, still no luck, no 4x4.

Also, both of my hubs are STUCK in the locked postion, they will not turn.

I have read about bad seals. I left one end of the hose connected to the hub and i was blowing in the other end, and there was no back pressure, it was like blowing through a straw. Does this mean the seals are bad? Do i need to replace both of my hubs? Does anyone recommed warn? if so, do they work with the vacuum system?

Thanks

Please advise

I advise that you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.