No Crank After Oil Change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Crank After Oil Change

Started it up ran it for 10 minutes of so before oil change to warm up the oil, started and ran fine. Got everything changed put the key in to start it and nothing. WTS light comes on and so does the fuel pump but no power to the starter. I checked the hpop oil level and its good. Tried starting in neutral didnt change anything. Checked all fuses. I can hear the relay click under steering column when I turn the key all the way. Also checked the solenoid on the passenger side firewall and there is no power to the small wire with the key turned all the way. I can start it fine by crossing the posts on the same solenoid but nothing with the key! Anything else to check?? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermestid View Post
Started it up ran it for 10 minutes of so before oil change to warm up the oil, started and ran fine. Got everything changed put the key in to start it and nothing. WTS light comes on and so does the fuel pump but no power to the starter. I checked the hpop oil level and its good. Tried starting in neutral didnt change anything. Checked all fuses. I can hear the relay click under steering column when I turn the key all the way. Also checked the solenoid on the passenger side firewall and there is no power to the small wire with the key turned all the way. I can start it fine by crossing the posts on the same solenoid but nothing with the key! Anything else to check?? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have the same problem!! Did u figure out the problem?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How does something like this happen?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbredman00 View Post
How does something like this happen?
I don't have the exact problem but similar. Long story short I had installed and switch to the clutch rod as an anti thief device. Where as if it was switched off and someone tried to crank the truck it wouldn't crank. Switched on the truck starts right up. Well after work today I accidently kicked the switch that was hanging down under the dash and ripped it out. So I wired it back stock and if fired right up and drove home. Once home re wired the switch. Tested and worked fine. Then I finished undercoating it s project I started last week and never finished. Went to start truck and nothing. Hear clicking from fuse box when I turn key. Feels like its the third one down ticking. Truck starts right up if I cross starter solenoid though. Idk what the deal is!! Any help anyone!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah my problem was the transmission range selector on the side of the transmission, swapped it out and haven't had a problem since! But yours being a 6 speed would probably be different.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=dermestid;6684545]Yeah my problem was the transmission range selector on the side of the transmission, swapped it out and haven't had a problem since! But yours being a 6 speed would probably be different.[/QUOte

Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 AM

re

Clutch switch? Bad starter solenoid? Ignition Switch?

There is a switch where the clutch rod/shaft goes into the firewall, put truck in N & try compressing the switch while trying to start.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascrap2003 View Post
Clutch switch? Bad starter solenoid? Ignition Switch?

There is a switch where the clutch rod/shaft goes into the firewall, put truck in N & try compressing the switch while trying to start.
Im not sure what part of it compresses. Doesn't seem like there's a spot
Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 PM

look under the dash next to the steering linkage.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...0Swap/2412.jpg

Try grabbing it & pulling towards back of truck with a little pressure on it, while in neutral try starting the truck.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascrap2003 View Post
look under the dash next to the steering linkage.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...0Swap/2412.jpg

Try grabbing it & pulling towards back of truck with a little pressure on it, while in neutral try starting the truck.
First off thanks you ascrap2003 for all your help. So I tried what u said to no avail! Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.