Join Date: Jan 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No power and black smoke.
Ok powerstrokers I need some help. First of all my truck is a late 1999 F350 90,000. I bought it to pull my 24ft Jayco camper (4500lb) trailer. I recently compared it to my fathers 01, that is stock other than a KN filter and exhaust, and his almost twice the truck as mine. Heres my mods.
1. ATS turbo housing for turbo surge issues.
2. Cleaned EPS and tube from manifold.
3. S and B intake.
4. New batteries.
5. Intercooler boots checked and no obvious leaks found.
1. Lack of power when pulling.
2. Black smoke, even with smaller flatbed trailer, during acceleration.
3. Smoke when accelerating when truck is cold. (unknown color)
4. Louder when engine is colder than warmer.
5. Cranks twice as long after wait light goes off than fathers PS. (relay has been checked.)
Mods for the next yr.
1. DP tuner
3. bigger tranny cooler
Truck is scheduled to go in for a CCT this week and I am going to have GPs checked also. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I am new to diesels so bare with me. John
Last edited by gacnik123; 01-13-2013 at 07:36 AM.