2001 no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2001 no start

I've been without my truck for 3 months and been trying to diagnose it that long! To start with the truck was fine but blew a HPOP line the same time my 99 had the hpop go out, and I was leaving with the work truck for 2 months so I swapped the hpop to the 99... I get back put a new hpop on the truck with old ipr that was in the 99 but I found I still had no start and only 100 psi max on icp so I replaced ipr o rings and it runs!! for bout 6 miles I parked it went out the next day no start with 80% ipr so I replaced the ipr with one from riffraff and the icp, resivor gasket and exhaust back pressure sensor (exhaust sensor I broke installing hpop and gasket was leaking) and now I still got 80% ipr but I'm seeing all the way up to 3000 at the icp just cranking it with no smoke.. today jumping it with the 99 and the charger on 200 amp start after bout 30 seconds of cranking it started to smoke and ipr dropped to 50% but once I stopped cranking and let the glow plugs run 3 times it went back to no smoke and 80% ipr I am possibly suspecting idm or batteries but the smoke today made me kinda think it can't be the idm thr batteries are 2 year old interataes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No one got any ideas I'd really like to have my truck back!! I put new batteries today wasn't the problem
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You may want to check UVCH's. Also, 80% IPR duty cycle is extremely high. I have actually never seen it that high. Usually people will see up to 65% IPR duty cycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.