EGT Exhaust help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGT Exhaust help!

Last night I installed a 5 inch exhaust in place of the stock one. The reason why is my egts ran pretty high before. I have an edge evolution, a afe stage 2 intake and now the 5 inch exhaust. The problem I have is that my egts rise higher faster now with the new exhaust. This is the exact opposite of what is normal. My pyrometers thermocouple was not mounted anywhere on the exhaust. I have no idea where it is because I just bought the truck. It is an ISSPRO guage. Could I have a serious issue that is causing such high egts? Or could my guage be bad and the thermocouple located in an innaccurate place. My friend has a 5 inch on the exact same truck and even towing his never goes above 1000 degrees. We have the same mods so thats why I am worried about my truck. Please help if you have any insight or if you need more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Something ain't right. With the mods you have EGT's shouldn't be a problem, especially when not towing. You didn't say what your EGT's are so I will assume we atre talking at or near the redline (caution line) of 1250 degrees. You need to follow some wires and look at the exhaust manifold and find out where the thermocoupler is located. Usually when one goes bad the readings will bounce or not read at all. The end of your thermocoupler could be to close or is touching the wall of the manifold instead of being right in the middle of the manifold. You need to start doing some detective work because with your intake and exhaust EGT's shouldn't be a problem.
Good Luck
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where are you located? City/State?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Albie30 Send a message via Yahoo to Albie30
Check the the eyelet on the wastegate to be sure the clip did not fall out and it is still opening the exhaust valve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.