Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My Milage has droped form 16 MPG to 11mpg any Idea's

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jaysoverall 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am new to this site and a new diesel owner I bought the truck from my father plumbing business. So I know the truck history and its performance.

As a side note I can't get an open door alarm to clear I ended up just pulling the bulb.

The truck is a 99 f350 crew cab 127,000 miles 7.3, manual transmission

Bump

Thanks for any help

J

#2 ·
i would change the fuel filters and take a look at the air filter those are good places to start

#3 ·
I changed the air filter I thought that would make all the no luck. The fuel filters are they difficult to change or is that some thing I should have the shop do.

#4 ·
Fuel filter is an easy one. Its right behind the appearance cover on the top of the motor. Its the black round plastic cap. what i do is take a half inch drive ratchet and extension turn it loose drain the bowl with the yellow lever behind it, and put the new one in

#10 ·
I would definately start with the fuel filters -- let us know how that turns out and if it helps or not, then we can move on to whatever else it may be...

#12 ·
I changed out all the fuel and air filters tonight the fuel filter was disgusting the dealership said they changed the filter about 10,000 miles ago, but I doubt it is was horriable. I hope this makes a huge differance.

I just wanted also to thank quadracer1014 for all tips on change this out it was my first time. I will do some milage trips here and we will see what happens.

J

#15 ·
I did some milae checks and I am back to 14 MPG but still not to where I was. Any other Ideas. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter and changed the oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.