TONS OF ISSUES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation TONS OF ISSUES

I have just purchased a 2000 f250 4x4 cc swb. It has issues. 4x4 not getting power and the key won't start truck. They have bypassed with a push start button when key is on. I am pretty sure most issues are bad ecm/pcm. It also shows 2 injectors bad and 2 injectors possibly having wiring issues. And has a good amount of blowbye but I have seen worse. It has a knock but I think it is because bad injectors and #8 has had long lead injector replaced w regular injector. It also has a f5 dp tuner on it. I am thinking If I replace injectors w stage one and put a new pcm in it that will fix it but who knows. Will the dp tuner need reprogrammed w a new pcm? Any input on all of my issues would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the forum and just moved from duramax (maxipad) land to the world of powerstroke so any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If pic loads this is my truck
Attached Thumbnails
TONS OF ISSUES-imag0112.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also could it be throwing bad injector codes because of bad ecm/pcm?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM

If you do have a lot of blowbye I would personally dig into that issue before spending money on injectors. It can be a serious issue in which a rebuild maybe needed.

The PCM mainly controls the engine/trans strategies, so ignition and 4x4 failures maybe from a different issue.

Which injectors seem to be failing? If it is #3 and #8 injector then chances are it is a CPS issue.

A small amout of engine knock is normal for the 7.3. Before you go to the extent of replacing the injectors, during your next fuel fill up, dump a bottle or two of 2 cycle oil and see if it quiets it down.

You will also need to get the chip reprogrammed for stage1s, as those would be "single-shot" injectors, which requires a different timing strategy than your stock "split-shot" injectors.

VERY nice looking truck btw

Last edited by Xphobe; 08-08-2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: -
Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It is at BTS (BRIANS TRUCK SHOP) now and the list he gave me is the injector problems the motor knock and blowbye. The blowbye is just some smoke outta oil fill cap not strong enough to blow cap off. And would the knock be because of the #8 not having the long lead injector? The guy I got it from says.the ecv valve has been deleted and #4 and #7 injectors are sup to be new. Brian is also saying that he can tell they bypassed the pcm w the ignition push button. And he is pretty sure that's y 4x4 isn't getting power. So I'm kinda stuck rite now on what to do. And thanks for compliment on truck. What does the CPS do?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also if I just replace pcm will the dp tuner need reprogrammed if I left injectors stock
Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am putting in stage 1 injectors to see if that gets injector knock taken care of and sendin dp tuner back in to get reprogrammed for new injectors. The computer that is bad is behind the fuse block and that is what is killing power to 4x4 and key ignition start. Keepin my fingers crossed.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Can't wait for my truck to be done. Also puttin new ball joints just added airaid cold air dry filter nerd bars and new b&w hitch. And boy it looks good sittin on the 35's. No leaks stage 1 injectors and custom tunes in this week just had dacco torque converter installed and runnin 4 in down pipe.to 5 in exhaust to single 8 in miter cut stack
Old 08-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I meant nerf bars stupid auto.correct
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will keep yall posted on what fixes what when I get it done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.