Starting issue, among a couple ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Please Visit our Site Sponsors is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM Fanatic

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indian Head, MD USMC Active
Posts: 101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Starting issue, among a couple ?'s

Long time no chat everyone, hope everybody is livin' the dream!

Right now my main concern is this starting "issue". The truck id say 65% of the time starts normal cranks fine fires right up, however the remaining 35% it seems like it cranks and cranks and cranks longer than normal then just before it seems like its gonna lose steam it fires up. My first instinct on this was weak batteries, and ill be getting them tested tomorrow, even though it has plenty of juice to crank and crank continuously is just seems like the gauge on the dash has it reading a little higher than where it normally sits.

After some reading it almost sounds like it could be the cps, or a dying starter. Also note, it mostly does it after its been ran and is warm however if it sits for more than 48 hours it does it cold as well, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Next concern, I have an oil leak, coming from somewhere in the rear of the engine, possible seals around the turbo? Its not a substantial amount however Im trying to keep this truck in tip top shape, and it drips down from where the tranny goes up into the bell housing. Im going to try to pinpoint its exact location tomorrow and ill post an update.

3rd Concern, I have some (excuse my lack of knowledge) "blowbye?". Im assuming this is just excess coolant/ and or oil being pushed through into the cold side pipe, note I only "occasionally" run it like I stole it, but when I do i give her hell, any knowledge on this would be appreciated as well, just like to know whats going on under the hood, trying to learn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: iowa
Posts: 397
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates... Was it your batteries?
Have you checked your alternator? GPR? Glow plugs ? Starter? Fuel filter ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What state or province do you live in?
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter the last two characters of the word "Powerstroke"
Security Question #2
*Required, this field is not shown to others. "While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State the animal mentioned in the sentence above."
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.