Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck shuts off

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  seanserrao 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I am relatively new to this forum and have never posted before, although I have used many of helpful write ups to help me with my truck. So the problem I have been having started two days ago. I was driving the truck and all of a sudden the truck shut off like somebody killed the ignition. I pulled over and it just spun and spun. After about 45 minutes it cranked up and ran for a few minutes then shut off again. I pulled over and had a friend tow me back home. Today I had some time off, I started the truck let it idle for 30 minutes no problem. I drove up the block came to a stop, got on it bit from the stop sign and it shut off. i cam e to a stop, popped the hood waited maybe 5 minutes it started and i drove down the street and got on it very easily and it shut off, 5 minutes later with the hood open spun over started and idled fine. Any thoughts or same occurrences would help greatly.

Thanks

#2 ·
any luck figuring it out? i had one truck do the same thing to me and it ended up be a bad torque converter. but i know its a pain to take out the trans but ive seen it once. also have you tried replacing the cmp?

#3 ·
Cam sensor.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
Have just gone through the same experience with my truck. Replaced the cam censor, which is what the previous owner of my truck had to do. However, did not resolve the issue. $732 later, Ford mechanic informed me that the oil pressure was dropping low, causing the motor to shut off. Changed the ICP, the harness to the ICP, and eventually the IRP as well. Truck is running now, but I get an occasional surge while driving. Also, I had a programmer (Bully Dog GT) in prior to all of this, but truck is back to stock and I don't plan to put anything back in, unless its a custom tune like TS or something of that sort.

#7 ·
Keep an extra cam sensor in the glove box. Preferably get one from international for the dt444e and put that in. I have yet to have any problems with them kind.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.