any help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any help?

I'm a new powerstroke owner, I bought it about a month or so ago, it's got 85000 miles on it its a 2001 superduty got it for about 10,000. It has a edge attitude programmer, a old 2004 edition on it and one of my problems is with that, in extreme and race modes it will throw a SES at me if I get on it. Is that normal or something I should be worried about? Another problem is a small oil leak around where you pour oil into the motor, could that be the valve cover needs a new gasket or what? and one more problem I don't know if it is motor/ turbo related or just brakes but there is minor/medium vibrations when you are driving normal, you can hear it and I can feel it on the gas pedal and my passengers say they can feel it on their feet, any ideas? Help would be great
Edit/Delete Message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

SES is common on these 7.3's from the HPOP not keeping up with the injectors. You year truck has the bigger HPOP in it already though so it's possible its getting weak. These trucks also have a mechanical fuel pump so it could be running out of fuel. The oil leak sounds like valve cover like you said. Those gaskets/harness arent terribly cheap. I would pull it and inspect it or maybe even try tightening the bolts/studs a little. Mine have worked themselves lose before.

Good find on the truck by the waay. 85,000 on a 7.3 is a pretty damn good find
Old 05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

do you know how much a new hpop would cost? and thanks for the reply
Old 05-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The edge is bad stuff. Hard on the trans and multiple documented failures because of it.
The SES light is probably a low ICP code. Read up on the HEUI system. Basically, the HPOP can't supply enough oil pressure to keep up with demand.
Oil leak. Well, if it's at the VC, it'd be a gasket. If it's at the fill tube, idk.
Vibration could be tires, ujoints, carrier bearing, or anything drive train related.

This is what I already replied to one of your currently 3 threads you started with the exact same txt.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i know lol i was told to post it on this forum though so i did
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylev90 View Post
SES is common on these 7.3's from the HPOP not keeping up with the injectors. You year truck has the bigger HPOP in it already though so it's possible its getting weak. These trucks also have a mechanical fuel pump so it could be running out of fuel. The oil leak sounds like valve cover like you said. Those gaskets/harness arent terribly cheap. I would pull it and inspect it or maybe even try tightening the bolts/studs a little. Mine have worked themselves lose before.

Good find on the truck by the waay. 85,000 on a 7.3 is a pretty damn good find

Black i think he (kylev90) meant to say that the OBS or old body style trucks have a mechanical fuel pump but the superdutys like we have my 99 your 01 have an electric mounted on the frame about under the drivers door on a ext cab just trying not to confuse you bud...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.