Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

boost

892 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  zak283 
#1 ·
hey pretty new to the site...hoping someone can help me...i bought a 2001 ford f250 auto a couple of months ago...beautiful truck love it but i'm getting horrible fuel mileage empty im getting around 450kms to a tank with almost all highway driving and around 400kms pulling a 16ft cargo trailer with 1 dirt bike and a few other stuff...it has edge evo programmer afe stage 2 intake egt gauge...i also took the ebv valve out and put new pedestal in replaced the ebpv sensor and tube and nothing got better...it runs awsome and i do have bigger rims and tires but nothing to warrant that bad of fuel mileage....one thing i'm not sure of is in stock settings i can get 15-16 psi boost wich i heard is normal but when cruising around 60mph and 1750-1850 rpm its only putting out around 1-2 psi boost but if i punch it it picks up good and puts out 15psi... doesnt smoke at all runs very smooth...couple people said it could be something with my wastegate or the wastegate solenoid...i'm so fustrated so any help would be great thnks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.