runs but no power was blowing # 30 fuse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to redogg322
runs but no power was blowing # 30 fuse

Ok so now i have a new problem I was driving my car hauler which is a 99 f350 drw 2wd 6spd 7.3 .I was on my way home and the truck just shut off ... checked the fuses and number # 30 .. 30 amp fuse was blown . I change the fuse and it blew as soon as i turn on the key. i came on here and read about the fuel heater issues but it still blew with all that unplugged so i dissconected the main harness via the 10mm bolt . So I put in a new fuse and it did not blow ..I went ahead and removed the engine harness and visually inspect for chaffing or breaks .. I did not spot anything so I reconnected it one thing at a time while somebody listened for the popping fuse and it never did . now the truck starts up just fine just has no power what so ever could something on that circuit be causing itt to have no power .. levels are good truck ran great before fuse blew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redogg322 View Post
Ok so now i have a new problem I was driving my car hauler which is a 99 f350 drw 2wd 6spd 7.3 .I was on my way home and the truck just shut off ... checked the fuses and number # 30 .. 30 amp fuse was blown . I change the fuse and it blew as soon as i turn on the key. i came on here and read about the fuel heater issues but it still blew with all that unplugged so i dissconected the main harness via the 10mm bolt . So I put in a new fuse and it did not blow ..I went ahead and removed the engine harness and visually inspect for chaffing or breaks .. I did not spot anything so I reconnected it one thing at a time while somebody listened for the popping fuse and it never did . now the truck starts up just fine just has no power what so ever could something on that circuit be causing itt to have no power .. levels are good truck ran great before fuse blew
Not calling you dumb but are you sure you unhooked the correct wire.
It will be the one on the bottom part of fuel filter housing if I remember correctly.
I have heard of people unhook the engine oil temp sensor.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgassel View Post
Not calling you dumb but are you sure you unhooked the correct wire.
It will be the one on the bottom part of fuel filter housing if I remember correctly.
I have heard of people unhook the engine oil temp sensor.
I unhooked the lower one but everything is hooked back up now.. I hooked the harness up one thing at a time to see what was blowing the fuse and it is fine just no power
Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 PM

it was the pass side harness connector runs great again
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Red,
Could you explain your fix a little further? What connector are you referring to and how was it at fault?

Thanks man.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:13 AM

when we were putting the engine harness back on my friend pulled on that side to much .. it came unclipped from the plug so it was only running on one side the engine ... we push it back on till it clicked into place and it is back to normal
Old 03-18-2012, 02:40 PM

So did you figure out what was originally blowing your fuse. I'm thinking you may have moved a wire that was chaffed through and shorting to the engine or chassis somewhere. When you moved it you pulled it away from where it was shorting out.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM

the only thing i can think of is the plug that goes to selenoid under the fuel bowl with the black end .. somebody had previously silicone the wires apart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.