2000 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 F250

I am trying to work all of the bugs out of my truck and try and improve my MPG as well as have a reliable vehicle for years to come. Truck is a 2000 F250 xcab long bed 4x4 auto 181K. So far I have replaced EBP sensor and cleaned tube, replaced MAP sensor, replaced CPS with IH CPS, free up EBPV, tie wastegate closed for now(actuator will not hold), full service, and added 6637 filter, tightening all CAC piping no boost leaks, and no up pipe or manifold leaks. Was getting around 9 MPG now getting 11.5. I do not have gauges yet but was monitoring it on a Snap on Modis boost and all other functions seems to be right where they should be. I drove the truck a short distance today and the exhaust was red hot could barely touch it. Is this normal? Is it possible the muffler is clogged? Also the breaks are not hanging and the hubs are not locked. I would appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is your exhaust factory? If yes, does it have a cat? Just trying to help ya out a little. If its all stock, I would recommend a 4inch turbo back. It'll let it breathe a lot better and give it a nice sound too.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Yeah it does have the factory exhaust no cat on it. I took the muffler off of it and put a straight in for now. Definately freed it up a bunch. I will put 4 inch on it soon.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 AM

Any others ideas I am stumped? Also the engine has seem to gotten really loud. I have taken the vc's off and checked the both harness, all rocker ams an injector hold downs, and all injectors all spitting oil equally. I cut the muffler off and straight piped it and took it for a ride with the modis on it and boost psi went to 21 psi, all other items looked good. The truck passes all KOEO, KOER, and cylinder contribution tests.

Last edited by whitextreme; 02-29-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rather odd. Maybe you're having injector problems.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Im stumped. I thought that maybe but it never smokes when your driving it. Only a puff when it's cold started after it sits overnight.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Ok so I was doing some more testing. For one my fuel pressure is good. Second my baro reading is 30 instead of 14.7 like it should be. My map and ebp read as they should. I the baro sensor is in the PCM on these truck is there any way the clean or recalibrate them or is my PCM bad? It says this is part of how they control the timing so this possibly could be a part of my problem. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.