02 7.3 Needs Major Help! Codes P0263, P0266, P0269, P0278 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 7.3 Needs Major Help! Codes P0263, P0266, P0269, P0278

Hey Guys I need some super sized help here. I had posted a cold start problem with a Video. Monday rolled around and I had a complete no start situation, batteries died from cranking, Tuesday after full charge of batteries still no start, today again. Finally I had a great Diesel Tech come to me, hooked up his Modis and got these codes P0603 and P01283, the first he said came from the PCM reset and the 2nd was where I had removed the ICP connector to test for ICP failure. We had checked everything, from a buzz test, to fuel pressure, to HPOP pressure, I mean everything and we still had a no start condition. Finally he said, let me try ether, I know most ppl are going to say this is stupid, I was like man are you sure? He explained if he sprayed it in before the glow plugs heated up no damage would be caused. Guess what? It fired right up, I literally said "EFFING Ether" twice and you gotta be kidding me. So now it's running, he could now run the CCT (Cylinder Contribution Test). When that happens it throws 5 codes. Drum roll please, P0263, P0266, P0269, P0278 and P0476. I know what they are, the crankshaft speeds isn't up to par for cylinders 1,2,3,6. The last code is Exhaust Pressure yadda yadda. So please can someone tell me what is causing this and how to fix it.

Greatly appreciate your time and hard work for helping me solve this in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update

Well folks after having the truck towed home and $800 later, the truck has breathed its last breathe, it started with the ether but that must have done worse damage. Had it looked at again today and the mechanic tells me he's heard a 7.3 that sounded like this before and that the codes are from the intake valves not opening up right and a couple of bent pushrods and several washed cylinder walls, it is burning smoke when I took the oil cap off the day before yesterday. So can anyone tell me if a novice mechanic can rebuild this thing? What about the heads? They have to be machined right? If someone can tell me about how much it costs to do it myself and can I do it myself, I will appreciate it. I've had a terrible week and don't have $6000 for a used engine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.