hope someone can help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hope someone can help?

Ok guys heres my most recent prob. i have an '03 f350 sd cc dually just recently i blew a high pressure oil line from my valve cover to the fuel pump, replaced( $150 hose, ouch) but anyway bought one and replaced. before my truck would idle very rough when sat over night until oils heat up then would run fine. it doesnt do it nearly as bad since i replaced the hose, but still does it. what could be the problem? along with that my most recent prob is my overdrive light on the shifter blinks off and on and it seems the rpm's run higher at a lower speed now, but it shifts through all 4 gears. has anyone had these problems and can u tell me what to look for or where to start for both these problems. thanks much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Hmm I guess if you can get the truck scanned for codes.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimonff View Post
Ok guys heres my most recent prob. i have an '03 f350 sd cc dually just recently i blew a high pressure oil line from my valve cover to the fuel pump, replaced( $150 hose, ouch) but anyway bought one and replaced. before my truck would idle very rough when sat over night until oils heat up then would run fine. it doesnt do it nearly as bad since i replaced the hose, but still does it. what could be the problem? along with that my most recent prob is my overdrive light on the shifter blinks off and on and it seems the rpm's run higher at a lower speed now, but it shifts through all 4 gears. has anyone had these problems and can u tell me what to look for or where to start for both these problems. thanks much appreciated.

For the rough Idle may try using a synthetic oil in the colder temps....
Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Cold oil is thick, which requires the HPOP to work harder. I have not found a diesel truck that will run smooth when it is initially started up after sitting over night, in cool tempatures. It has been getting down to the 40's where I live lately. My truck runs rough for about 1-2minutes. Then it smooths out. How ever your Hpop may have occured damage when that oil line blew. Which may cause your rough idle.

For the O/D light flashing you will need to take it to a shop that does transmission work. They have the equipment to run the diagnostics on the transmission, it could be one of several sesnors, or it could be a seloniod in the valve body, it could be the TR Modual. The only way to find out is have a trans shop scan the transmission for trouble codes. Which a regular code scanner is unable to do.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

well temp is not the problem down here i live in louisiana we lucky if we get down to the 70's at night right now and it was doing it before the line blew, and whats hpop? but i will check into bringing it to a tranny shop thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimonff View Post
well temp is not the problem down here i live in louisiana we lucky if we get down to the 70's at night right now and it was doing it before the line blew, and whats hpop? but i will check into bringing it to a tranny shop thanks.
HPOP (high Pressure Oil Pump) I know on the 7.3L it is what makes the injectors work. It is what that high pressure oil line connects to. At least on the 7.3L's that is what it is. I figure the 6.0L has the samething.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is there problems with switching to synthetics in a 7.3 with 190,000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.