questions???!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
questions???!!!

hey guys im the "newbie" here. Can someone please tell me what the stock boost is on a 2001 f350 psd??I am only getting 10lbs according to my guage and my egt's seem to get high. what are the limitations on the turbo and injectors ect??I have already learned that the 4r100 and converter are crap!!I already have 5 inch exhaust "big,i know"intake and k&n and bully dog power pup.Tomorrow i am getting the banks chip that goes into the computer and some kind of a switch that up's the fuel pressure, i guess it connects to the gas pedal electrical or something.... ANY info would be a great help!!!Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Hey there and Welcome.

To answer your question you may have a boost leak or your boost gauge may not be working properly. You should be around 20-22 psi at wot with a load. How high are your egt's getting. 1250 is the cut off for most people.

As for your chip your getting from banks. It connects the PCM under the dash on the drivers side by the e-brake. There are to nuts two bolts that have to be removed from the engine compartment if I remember correctly. Just follow your directions and take your time on the install. I am sure others will post with more information.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya something is definatly wrong then!! egt gets to 1400-1500 but i let out becuase i dont like it being over 1100.I got the guages from glo shift off of ebay, so i hope its them!!! But i do get kind of a high pitched whiny noise under load,along with the sound of the turbo of course.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke Techie

There is now way you can up the fuel pressure with anything electrical. You would have to modify the fuel pressure regulator with a spring spacer or higher tension spring out of a California FPR. Stock boost should be around 17 psi max, with a good hot chip or program you can get close to 30-32 psi. Look into your intake at the turbo impeller and make sure you have good sharp corners. A little dust can ruin a turbo and an engine, that’s why I hate K&N air filters, if not meticulously maintained they can leak dust into the engine. A turbo diesel pulls a very high volume of air which can overwhelm most air filters. Take a look at my filter. Shutterfly | Slideshow
Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well whatever it may be,maybe i obviously explained it wrong to you.I have seen these before but never looked into it because i never had a powerstroke.It is a switch that hooks to the electrical wiring that has to do with the gas pedal and it sends some kind of a signal that makes it read more throttle than you are actually giving it.It some how through the process ups the fuel pressure.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I hate to be hard to get along with but the fuel pressure is constant no matter how hard you mash the fuel pedal or how many rpm you are running. There is no way to change it while driving. Stock it is around 50 psi and with a FPR mod it can be around 80 psi. No big deal I just want to make sure we all understand how the system works.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well when i get it and figure it out and exactly what it does i will shed the light to you guys because its another free mod. Someone locally here in AZ came up with it and sells them for $100.00,wich is all pretty much profit,but hey who am i to complain about cheap upgrades
Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Just remember - you usually get what you pay for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.