Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 rebuild in 00 f350

720 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bigred69 
#1 ·
I just finished putting a rebuilt 97 longblock into my 00 f350.
NO THROTTLE RESPONSE till about 1/2 way down, rough idle, and have to crank 10 - 15 seconds to get it to start. Frustrated. Used my intakes, turbo,
fuel filter and HPOP cover.
Any Ideas where to start?
Thanks for any help. I'll be out pressure washing it and taking it for a spin
to check for codes etc.

#2 ·
Are you using your 2000 pcm, or the 1997 pcm? The 1997 probably has single shot injectors, and if you are using your 2000 computer, it would probably run like crap, because it is for split shot injectors.

#3 ·
00 PCM. Thats probably part of the problem. It seems worse after warming up. I still have the 00 engine and all but one injector are still good. I ran the programmer on it and it really helped but not what it should be. I'll start pulling the injectors out and order a new one to swap.
Thanks

#5 ·
Another idea is getting a chip that is burnt for single sshot injectors, that way you can still run the injectors from 97 if they are still good, instead of swapping them. I just did a motor swap on mine and had the exact same problem, only i had bought bigger injectors that were single shot. I bought a sniper chip and it cleared it right up.
Just an idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.