another gp gpr thread` - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
another gp gpr thread`

Ok finally cold enough here in florida. Lots of white smoke and slow and long first crank. then on second try slow and lots of white smoke and then she will start and have lots of smoke for a bit. I have checked gp's and they ohm out fine. They are berus and only a lil over a year old. Gpr is a stancor and is 2 years old and passes test. Of course I just put some hrbrids in a month ago and didn't test the gps on a battery while they were out. Could I just have a battery issue. I havent had them load tested yet but they are a few years old. I get good voltage at gpr and at batts while key is on waiting for the gpr to cycle off. I can let gpr stay on for entire 2 min or so and let it cycle and truck still wont start on first key try. I just hope I don't have to get 2 new batts soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

check the batter connections. they look good but can have corrosion that will make the amps go low and make it hard for the gp to get hot.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weak batteries or a weak starter can cause slow cranking and hard starts. If the batteries load test good when disconnected you should look into a new starter.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

starter is recently rebuilt. if glow plugs test good and gpr test good why does truck smoke like hell when cold?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

ok, both batts charged and loadtested just fine. I took off all cables and connections and inspected and cleaned. everything is tight and clean. Just still seems to smoke on cold start like glowplugs are not doing what they are suppose to do. they ohm out and gpr is working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.