Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Loosing hope in my rig

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  woodnthings8 
#1 ·
Hey guys. so one thing has been leading to another with my truck this week. last night on my way hope i lost all dash nights and marker lights. turns out my number 8 under hood fuse blew im getting a short from some where. thismorning on my way to work my abs light came on and my trans O/D light started flashing. i figured i would see if anyone has had this problem before i start digging. any help is appreciated!

#2 ·
Check your VSS. It is located on the rear diff. You may be able to pull it and wipe the gunk off, or replace it. Pretty cheap to get an OEM part, usually around $20.

#4 ·
have you looked for shorts? kinda sounds like a wiring harness issue..

#5 ·
I had the same problem with my dash lights on my 02, turned out to be a shorted light wire in the tail light harness.

#6 ·
alrighty guys have been really busy with work and not able to look at the truck.. after this night i put a new fuse in and got my dash lights and markers back afer driving a little i lost my dash lights but my markers and tail lights remain working.
any ideas? where should i start looking for shorts

#8 ·
The ABS Sensors are on the axle knuckle right between the shield and the rotor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.