Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP!!! low control pressure

1K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  studentdriver 
#1 ·
truck wouldn't run when warmed up. checked fuel pressure...OK, than Looked at the ICP, oil on the plug replaced the sensor and wire, only to still have the same problem. I changed the oil and the IPR Orings... nope. I bought a new IPR... still doin it! injector Orings were next, got better throttle response, but still dying when warm. crap must be my HPOP while I'm waiting for Terminator to rebuild my pump my buddy wrecks his 7.3 powered Van, so I swap injectors with him(they had been replaced) new Orings again instal HPOP now it doesn't die when warm just has no power.
control pressure at idle is a little less than 500 and cant go over 800 duty cycle hits 60 at anything past part throttle... and pop goes the check engine light.

any thoughts on this? what can I do next? I'm almost out of ideas!http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

#12 ·
Weird thing is if you had a bad leak then it shouldn't start when it's warmed up. So it almost seems like a control/electrical issue. Unless you have a leak and with the new pump it's able to overcome it. Did you check the little allen head plug o-rings in the high pressure oil rail of the heads? I'm assuming you probably had these out to drain the oil rail when you did the injectors.

#13 ·
codes are 1248 and 1211
the 1248 is new the 1211 I've been getting since this problem started.
did KOEO test and came up with these codes KOER test just sat there and did nothing.
IPR wires looked good, so I'm gonna go back out there and pull the valve covers and run the truck with them off and see what I can see happening or not happening.
I'll keep you guys posted, and thanks for all the help so far

#15 ·
can a short in the valve cover wiring cause an injector to stick open and bleed off control pressure? cuz I moved a wire that was arching to ground and now the control pressure looks OK at just under 500 and the duty cycle is down around 11! The truck is still apart so I haven't driven it, but the oil temp is up around 250 which is where the truck dies.
HELP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.