Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A few probs with my beloved...

588 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  milkymoomilkmilk 
#1 ·
a couple things I am deciding to consult the internet goo-rooz about..

-I was low on power steeing fluid but the cap was loose. I added the fluid and it has been fine until now.. I see a leak from the actual steering box? any ideas?

also,
I notice that traveling about forty mph if I let off the accelerator then accelerate again I hear a clunk noise feels like mid cab area is this U joint? or trans mount?

also,
I ran my 4wd yesterday just to luber up because my truck barely gets used in 4wd i read about engaging it once a month or so to keep it fresh. anyway today I noticed about a half dollar size amount of oil on the passenger side but up towards the radiator area. could this be linked with the 4wd or is it an engine leak?

2002 7.3 around 230,000 miles its a beast an I baby the hell out of it I always want to fix what is broke and keep the maintenance on schedule. any insight would help I have tried to search common probs but cant lock anything specific in so I am resorting to a post.

See less See more
#2 ·
upon further inspection I believe that the oil puddle I found is actually powersteering fluid that leaked the day before without me noticing. cannot pinpoint where on the steering box its coming from. are these difficult to troubleshoot and repair? sheesh i need a manual...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.