Ford trying to void transmission warranty?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford trying to void transmission warranty??

Hey guys i have a 2001 f350 stroke and i recently brought it in for some transmission issues and, with the understanding that it would be 100% under warranty, they did a complete tear down to tell me that someone has improperly overtightened a main bolt and caused the wear down. i told them that no one has tampered with the transmission ever, which is the truth, but still they tell me that i need to replace it out of my pocket. Can they really pull this bs? or are they lying to me when they say that they "know" that someone has overtightened a bolt??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
id just go down to a lawyers office and have them call the dealership for you usualy the threat of taking them to court on something is enough to get them to straiten their shlit out...
Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
id just go down to a lawyers office and have them call the dealership for you usualy the threat of taking them to court on something is enough to get them to straiten their shlit out...
Yep - that ought to do it!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 PM

take it to another dealer to get a second opinion....
Old 08-19-2007, 04:58 PM

I have the warranty with some extended warranty company called "AUL" and they said that since the dealership said that it was "improperly repaired" they will not warranty any work on the transmission. so probably calling a lawyer may be the best thing to do?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:26 PM

thats what i'd do. did it to mitsubishi for my wife's car. also threatened to stand on the side of the road in front of the dealership holding various degrading signs about the dealership. that got there attention quick
Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 PM

I hate to say it but some aftermarket warranty companies are a joke. One company wantd me to pay the bill and then they would reimburse me. Check into thes companies BEFORE you buy them. Also, check to see what dealrships honor thos warranties.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Definately talk it over with the guys tearing it down and see what makes them think its been repaired before ane everything - who did any prior repair prior to you buying it? I'd check into it all then once you have all the info - start going to people and use the lawyer thing if you have to. Don't let them mess you over if you truly are for sure no one did anything to your vehicle. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Jon

Yes

That is correct. I have run across this with some aftermarket warrenty companies. Very few actually cover the stuff that will need attention. They cover a lot of it up to get you to buy it. They arent affiliated with Ford so a lot of times there isnt anything you can do. Its a pain at the dealer when your dealing with these companies to try and get something covered. Try your best but expect the worst.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IS the service advisor saying this or the service manager? Most advisors are JOKES and if it is him saying this, ask to speak with the service manager. If you have been a customer of theirs before, have a history with them, more than likely if you are nice, they will be. I have watched people come in cussing and screaming and that just pisses off my manager and tells them to walk or STFU...

Be calm, talk to the higher power and you can usually save time and breath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.