OD problem and some others - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OD problem and some others

I'm new to the site and have looked around alittle but havent found a answer. I have a 99 f350 with 97k miles on it and my OD off doesn't work, i have replaced the button and nothing. I dont think that it is the wires in the colum because twice the Od off light flashes and my speedo stops working. so any other ideas? what does the flashing light mean and what else could be wrong with th overdrive. also when i start the truck i get a warning beep 3 beeps it goes on for a minute or so and stops, the exactly 30minutes later it does it again it goes on like that until i turn the truck off . last question where can i find a fuse location diagram it had no owners manual when i bought it. thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM

I believe it's fuse 19, but shouldn't be blown if it flashes. OD light will flash if there's trans. codes. You need to have codes pulled to see what the problem is....
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
You have a transmission problem. You can not use regular code readers for the transmission trouble codes. You will have to take it to a transmission shop. Have them put there diagnostic computer on it to retrieve codes. A couple things that it maybe, TR sensor, one of the speed sensors, one of the valve body seloniods, valve body itself, wiring harness to the transmission, and there are other sensors on the transmission that could have gone bad. With out being able to pull the transmission trouble codes or not having those codes it is hard to diagnose the problem.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM

I think bigcountry hit it on the nose.... if your speedo quits when it flashes, probably a speed sensor.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre2th View Post
I think bigcountry hit it on the nose.... if your speedo quits when it flashes, probably a speed sensor.
Just have to figure out which speedsensor it is. I believe there are three on the truck.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking

i fixed the problem today. i looked closer at the wires in the gear selecter and found a streched wire. alittle solder and some shrink tube and thats that. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.