Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cruise control is haunted...

992 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TruckTrooper 
#1 ·
I'm hopeful that others have seen this before and I'm not just going crazy...

I'm having trouble with the cruise control on my '02 F-350. It doesn't want to engage. I have to hit the button a few times to get it to turn on but that's not the scary part. Once it is on it doesn't want to disengage. It will go off when you hit the brakes but as soon as you come off of the brake it wants to re-engage and take you back to your preset speed.

Imagine this, you are cruising I-45 at 65mph when you come up on traffic. You brake down to traffic speed of 40mph and when you are 2 car lengths behind another vehicle you come off of the brake and the truck decides to turn the cruise back on and accelerate back up to 65. :eek:

Yeah, that was fun. Fortunately it disengaged when I hit the brake again and I was able to use the off button to shut it down.

I checked for codes and didn't find anything. Anybody have any ideas?

#3 ·
Maybe somebody can check but I seem to remember Ford had a recall on the cruise control not shutting off after braking and also not having to be reset to go back on cruise..:dunno:

#5 ·
somthing is getting stuck. I have no clue on it... thats pretty scarey lol. Mine works fine atm but I totally understand.

<bump>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.