Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Went to replace speed sensor, a piece is broke off in there

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bigcountrysg 
#1 ·
I went to pull out my speed sensor in the rear diff. today, it was real tight, I twisted and pulled and couldn't get it. I finally tugged hard enough it came right out. Once I got it out, I realized the Napa had gotten me the wrong part, so I went to Ford and got the right part, which is when I realized that I didn't get all of the speed sensor out. The plastic cap must still be broke off in there. Anyone ever had this happen? Any tips for how to get it out? Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
Ok, turned out to not be that big of a deal. A little WD-40 and some trying it came out. I unhooked my battery for a couple of hours though, and after installing the sensor, my ABS light still won't go off. I pulled the codes and it's not giving any codes? What gives?

#3 ·
You may need to have some one pull the abs codes to clear them for you. Your standard code readers are not capable of doing that. They are only capable of reading and clearing engine defaults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.