worst injector problem ever,HELP!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
worst injector problem ever,HELP!!!!

I replaced injectors in my dad's 2000 7.3l, originally pulled all 8 to have them cleaned,just had a rough cold start,but ran find after warm. We have a reputable injector repair service here in St.Louis that we use. Took them in to have cleaned and said 4 were bad and 4 on the way. Replaced all 8 with remans. On initial start had rough idle and knocking,put around 50 miles on it and knocking got louder,still rough idle. Did contribution test and said #3 fault,removed injector took it back and they gave us a new one(not reman)better idle(still rough),passed cont. test and buzz test,but still loud knocking. Narrowed knocking down to cyl. #4 or 6,pulled those 2 returned them and was givin 2 new ones(not reman) put back together and had rough idlestill noisy knock,cyl. #2 and 3 contribution fault,and now 1293&1294 fault. Replaced injector harnesses today and now it still idles rough,still knocks and on a buzz test cyl. #1,5,7,8 high low fault,1293 and 1294 codes. Still cyl. #3 fault on the contribution test.
So as of now, I replaced all 8 injectors/glow plugs and both injector harnesses,checked all wiring for chafing on drivers valve cover,all wiring crossing lifter valley.
Injectors are as follows:
1 reman
2 new
3 reman
4 new
5 reman
6 new
7 reman
8 reman
All 3 new injectors have factory yellow solenoids
All 5 reman have black Delphi replacement solenoids(if any of that matters)
Seems like an electrical issue,but don't understand the knocking injector noise

Keep in mind,before all of thismthe truck ran excellent when warm,just had a rough idle and lack of power when cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
uhm where are these injectors from? what company? hmmm the motor is sound, nothing in it wrong?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 PM

They are from Diesel Injection Services here in St.Louis,MO.
I know a lot of truck repair companies in the area that use them and have never heard anything bad about them. Who knows!!!!
As posted, never had any mechanical issues, just a bad cold rough idle,fine after it warmed up
Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What did they say when you told them about your problms?
IMO sounds like you got took..you could have had all rebuilt I'd bet for much less.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:18 AM

It ended up being a bad #8 injector,haven't been to the rebuilder to return. Just bought another one from somewhere closer. Replaced #8 and it is perfect now,no codes. I am thinking the replacement Delphi solenoids are junk,every time i changed an injector with a Delphi solenoid to one with a Yellow(don't know brand) it ran better with every swap. I have heard the reman injectors with Delphi solenoids are the absolute cheapest you can get. I know one thing I have 2 7.3l trucks and will never buy from this guy again, he swore up and down it was a different problem causing all of this,"there is no way my injectors are bad" he said!
He charged $185 each for the remans
LESSON LEARNED!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That sucks..you could of had Cass's stage 1's for way less!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check the fuel pressure. you might have got some contaminiation and its low. fuel pressure can cause knocking, and did you drain the cylinder heads before you removed the injectors. liquid on top of A pistion is not good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.