Brake line burst. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Brake line burst.

Hey guys i got a "little" problem here. I was coming home from a buddy's place tonight i hit the brakes and my pedal went to the floor slowly. When i got home i checked underneath the truck, and brake fluid was pouring out under the left frame rail about the middle of where the fuel tank is, I noticed the hard line is really corroded and its leaking. does anyone have a part number for the line or any ideas on how i can get my truck back on the road?

I apologize for the bad punctuation I'm a little drunk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

run new line if they have it in ur area look for poly armor lines there green and easy to bend no tools required for the most part a coupe junctions and some pre fabbed lines ur set to go
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just do the least amount of connections possible, eliminate the chance for leaks, you could buy pre-flared line from auto parts store, pre-bent line from the dealer, (very expensive) or, buy bulk roll of brake line from auto parts store, and a cheap *** little double flare tool for 10 bucks, and make your own line, if that one is rusted pretty bad, then you can imagine the rest arent too far behind...... good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.