Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front Vents not working

993 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BigRed01 
#1 ·
I have two problems; first is when i have the heater or air conditioner on I am only recieveing cold or hot air through the defrost vents on top of the dash. I am recieving nothing through the fron vents that are suppose to blow on me. My buddy had the same problem; it turned out his was stuck on defrost and he just cycled through the different settings and it corrected it self. Not the case with mine. So, I am curious if anyone knows where to look or how to correct this issue to get the front vents that are facing me to work.

Problem number two. My driver and passenger side windows jump/hop as they go down and up. Very slow going down, but pretty quick when I push the button for them to go up. i was wondering is there something for me to grease? or is that even the problem. Does anyone have any advice for me? As I push the button for them to go up they both hop/bounce as it goes up and I have to lay of the button and slowly press it so it doesnt bounce/jump all the way up. Same thing going down, but sometimes (especially in the morning when its cold, the window will not go all the way down. It will stop about half way and wont go down anymore on both sides driver and passenger) however, in the afternoon when it is warm out it will go allthe way down, but very slowly. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks

01 F350 cc lb 4x4 Custom 12' lift on 40x15.50x22 Nitto Mud Grapplers

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. You can disconnect the lines at the hubs and plug them and see if that fixes the "default to defrost" problem. If it does, the problem is in the hubs. Do a search for vacuum, should result in other testing methods.

Not sure on your window problem, but at least a bump. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.