Front Vents not working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front Vents not working

I have two problems; first is when i have the heater or air conditioner on I am only recieveing cold or hot air through the defrost vents on top of the dash. I am recieving nothing through the fron vents that are suppose to blow on me. My buddy had the same problem; it turned out his was stuck on defrost and he just cycled through the different settings and it corrected it self. Not the case with mine. So, I am curious if anyone knows where to look or how to correct this issue to get the front vents that are facing me to work.

Problem number two. My driver and passenger side windows jump/hop as they go down and up. Very slow going down, but pretty quick when I push the button for them to go up. i was wondering is there something for me to grease? or is that even the problem. Does anyone have any advice for me? As I push the button for them to go up they both hop/bounce as it goes up and I have to lay of the button and slowly press it so it doesnt bounce/jump all the way up. Same thing going down, but sometimes (especially in the morning when its cold, the window will not go all the way down. It will stop about half way and wont go down anymore on both sides driver and passenger) however, in the afternoon when it is warm out it will go allthe way down, but very slowly. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks

01 F350 cc lb 4x4 Custom 12' lift on 40x15.50x22 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. You can disconnect the lines at the hubs and plug them and see if that fixes the "default to defrost" problem. If it does, the problem is in the hubs. Do a search for vacuum, should result in other testing methods.

Not sure on your window problem, but at least a bump. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Premium Member

thanks for a starting point. i will look into this and see what I can research and find out. I will keep you updated as to what the problem was. if you have any other advice fill free to let me know. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.