Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

F250 Power stroke 7.3 Gem module issue

6K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Duane Gromis 
#1 ·
Help!!!!! The other night at 1:00 am the horn started to blow and I pressed the Panic button on the key chain and it stop. 10 minutes later it started again. The neighbors were ready to kill me. I had to disconnect both batteries. Next day I connected the batteries but pulled the horn relay and everything was fine. Called a mechanic and he told me to put the relay in to see if disconnecting the batteries had reset the Gem. Well I plugged it in and it was fine for 2 minuites and the horn started again so I opened the door and it stop. I close the door and it would start again. So the mechanic said I have to change the Gem module. I tried to find a Gem module and a guy online that sales them told me he has one that is a newer version of mine but I am not sure if I need to reprogram this one for my truck or if it is just a upgrade that all I need to do is plug it in and go. My Old one is a F81B-14B205-GB and the one that this guy tells me is the replacement is a F81B-14B205-EP can anyone help PLEASE

#2 ·
Finally talked to a service manager at a Dealership

:)Sopke to a Service manager. He assured me I would nor have to have the new module reprogramed. My truck is a 2000 and does not have the key with the security chip in the key. That would be the only thing that would have to be reprogramed in another GEM module. Whenthe snow ,sleet and freezing rain stop I am going to install the new GEM.:icon_ford:
Duane Gromis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.